During the summer months, the District Office hours will be:
Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
These hours are effective June 24, 2013 through August 2, 2013. The office will be closed on Fridays during this period of time. We will resume the regular schedule the week of August 5, 2013.
2013-2014 Kindergarten Registration
Hockinson Heights Primary School has an excellent kindergarten program. Students attend class either all day on Mondays & Thursdays or Tuesdays & Fridays with alternating Wednesdays.
2013-2014 kindergarten registration will begin Monday, March 25th.
Students must be 5 years old prior to September 1st, 2013 to register. You will need to provide a certified birth certificate, immunization records, and proof of in-district residency.
The HSD Board of Directors approved the calendar for the 2013-2014 School Year.
- First Day of School: September 4, 2013
- Teacher In-Service Day: October 11, 2013 (No Classes)
- Conference Week: October 28, 2013 - November 1, 2013 (3 hr early release)
- Veterans Day: November 11, 2013
- Thanksgiving Break: November 27 - 29, 2013
- Winter Break: December 23, 2013 through January 3, 2014
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day: January 20, 2014
- Conferences (HHS): January 30 -31, 2014 (3 hr early release all schools)
- President's Day Break: February 14 - 17, 2014
- Conference Week: March 31 - April 4, 2014 (3 hr early release)
- Spring Break: April 7 - 11, 2014
- Memorial Day: May 26, 2014
- HHS Graduation: Friday, June 13, 2014
- Final Day of Classes: June 16, 2014
In light of recent events across the country, Hockinson School District would like to reassure families that we have safety procedures in place and conduct emergency drills on a regular basis. Administrators and staff members have a heightened awareness and are more vigilant of our surroundings. We take the safety of students and staff seriously. Please follow our district policy when visiting buildings by signing in at the school office.
Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event: A GUIDE FOR PARENTS, CAREGIVERS, AND TEACHERS
The Hockinson Heights Primary & Intermediate Schools will be combined into one school beginning the 2013-2014 school year. The new name of the school will be the Hockinson Heights Elementary School (HHES). A survey was taken of the staff at the primary and intermediate schools to determine the new name.
"Preparing All Students for Lifelong Success"
Our vision is to inspire all to live with strong core values, to become competent, responsible learners, independent thinkers, and positive contributors to our changing world.
The Hockinson School District Board of Directors and Superintendent Yager will hold a Regular Board Meeting Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. in the Hockinson Board Room, located at 17912 NE 159th Street, Brush Prairie, WA 98606.
If you have any questions, please contact Laurie Lemieux at (360) 448-6400.
Due to the ongoing updates to district policies we have disabled the policy link. If you need policy information please contact the district office at (360) 448-6400.